What is ASO? & Why is ASO Important?
App Store Optimization is the act that ensures an app’s visibility in the Apple App and Google Play stores when a user performs relevant searches in order to have more organic downloads. This can be possible with keyword research, keyword optimization, keywords optimized Title, short and long description, by implementing localization into different languages when an App/Game is launched worldwide, and more.
ASO is a crucial part to be done to get the organic downloads on the app/game. Without it, you’ll have a hard time convincing users to download your solution or game and your conversion rate will be low.
Why you Need An ASO Agency? What Are the Benefits of Working With One of the Best ASO Companies?
Why would you hire an app store optimization Agency? Can’t you just market your apps yourself? Of course, you can. But working with an agency that specializes in ASO has many benefits. Here are two advantages, in particular, that you should be aware of:
- To Save Time: Testing creatives, optimizing your messaging, and otherwise marketing your app takes time—time that many developers simply don’t have. You can save countless hours of effort by offloading ASO duties to an agency.
- To Get Better Results: Let’s face it, you’re an app developer, not an app marketer. You’re really good at what you do, which has enabled you to create an amazing tool and/or game. Why not let those who specialize in ASO handle your app marketing? You’ll likely achieve better results because that’s what agencies excel at.
There’s one caveat to the benefits listed above: you have to work with a reliable app store optimization agency that can help you achieve your goals. In the next section, we’ll discuss what makes a good agency—that way you can partner with the right company.
What Makes a Good ASO Agency?
What’s “good” to one app developer might be terrible for another. But in general, a top ASO company is one that does what they say they will for a price you can afford.
In our opinion, a great ASO agency is one that is:
- Experienced with companies that are comparable to you. If an agency only works with app brands and not so much with mobile games, it is probably the wrong decision to trust them with your ASO
- An expert in how mobile growth works and how ASO ties in. An agency that “blindly” tries to increase search ranking without a deep understanding of the mechanics of the store and how UA and browse influence search, or how the dynamics of paid Search Ads and organic search work would probably be unable to drive long-term results.
- Understands data. An agency has to understand ASO data and how to measure the impact of ASO efforts, as well as how to use data to create and improve App Store product pages. Without this understanding, you’ll be lost with no confidence as to what’s the impact of the efforts the agency is making, and why they decided to create certain product pages (no, beautiful is not a sufficient explanation).
- Willing to transfer knowledge. One of the worst dynamics that can happen to a marketing team is that they’ll outsource a core competency of the team and accept that they’ll “never” become competent at that facet of their marketing. As ASO is one of the most important competitive advantages a mobile marketing has, it’s crucial that at the same time the agency is executing on a flawless strategy, they’ll also agree to transfer the knowledge to you so you will be on the trajectory to level up your own understanding of ASO.
Before you partner with any kind of ASO marketing agency, outline your unique needs and expectations. Then research companies that can meet them for you. Finally, reach out to viable partners who have a solid reputation amongst their clientele.
Should Your Company Partner With an ASO Agency?
Only you can answer that question for your company. But if you’re strapped for time and/or not achieving the results you want with your app, you should at least explore the possibility of working with an experienced mobile app advertising agency.
Once you partner with this kind of company, you’ll have more hours in the day to devote to business-building tasks that don’t involve marketing. You’ll also enjoy better results.
The only question left to answer is which ASO agency should you work with?
We suggest ASOLead.com. Our team has a deep knowledge and experience your brand needs to make it to the top of the Apple App and Google Play store charts. Once you partner with our App Store Optimization services team, our experts will assess and optimize your creatives so that they’re as effective as possible.
And our results speak for themselves. Here’s what we’ve been able to accomplish for Clients:
- Less ASO Services Cost
- +24% Conversion Rate
- -57% UA Costs